Atlantik Elektronik present an ultra-low-power Wi-Fi module for the Internet of Things
Planegg, November 23th, 2016
Atlantik Elektronik, provider of innovative semiconductor solutions, presents an ultra-low-power Wi-Fi module for the Internet of Things (IoT). With a hostless mode that does not require an external MCU; the SX-ULPGN provides a low-cost Wi-Fi connectivity solution for IoT products. Using the UART AT command option, customers can quickly add a serial-to-Wi-Fi converter for existing MCU-based designs without porting any host driver.
The new module is ideal for embedded wireless products including smart home and smart city devices, systems used in factory automation, appliances, sensors, wearables, medical devices, and products used for security, remote control and remote sensing. The SX-ULPGN module is an excellent choice for device OEMs looking to design Wi-Fi connected products in a cost-effective way.
Based on Qualcomm Technologies' QCA4010 solution integrating embedded CPU, full networking stack, support for multiple connectivity ecosystems and application-level security, the SX-ULPGN module further incorporates a PCB antenna and flash memory into a ready-to-go solution for Atlantik's customers to design into their IoT products.
The SX-ULPGN ships with the following features:
- Hostless IoT application development platform (AllJoyn® & ThreadX®) with 800 KB internal on-chip memory
- UART AT command set for optional external MCU host
- Single-stream system (1x1) with integrated RF front end and PCB trace antenna
- FCC/IC & CE certified
- Station, AP, Concurrent and P2P (Wi-Fi Direct) modes
- Open system WPA-PSK (WPA2-PSK) authentication
- WPS, IPv4, IPv6, DNS, SNTP, HTTP and SSL/TLS protocols
- None, TKIP and AES encryption
- UART, High-Speed UART, SPI, I2C, I2S, PWM, ADC, JTAG and GPIO interfaces
"The SX-ULPGN is the newest addition to our growing portfolio of IoT Wi-Fi solutions", said Ottmar Flach, General Manager Atlantik Elektronik GmbH. "While the existing SX-ULPAN IoT WI-Fi module offers enterprise reliability by supporting dual-band (2.4GHz & 5GHz) and industrial temperature range, the new SX-ULPGN provides affordable connectivity for the general IoT market", added Ottmar Flach.
In order to expedite your product development process, Atlantik Elektronik can provide hardware and software engineering services including custom application development.
The SX-ULPGN-EVK is available now at Atlantik Elektronik.