xPico Wi-Fi beyond WICED Software Development Kit
Planegg, July 14th, 2016
Reduce your development costs, shorten your time to market, and leverage mobile solutions with the Lantronix xPico Wi-Fi family of embedded device servers. Based on the Broadcom WICED™ Platform, it is one of the world's smallest and most flexible Wi-Fi device servers. xPico Wi-Fi is a state-of-the-art member of the xPico family, providing low power, Soft AP and simultaneous client mode, full IP and WLAN stacks. The xPico Wi-Fi module is a complete device server suitable for mobile M2M applications.
The xPico Wi-Fi SDK lets you run your custom programs in the microcontroller that is part of the module. The SDK is organized in a modular fashion, so that you can use all of the Lantronix programs, and just add what you need, without having to re-write all of the networking and configuration utilities that are part of the Lantronix SmartSuite software offering.
The WICED SDK modules come with an RTOS, TCP/IP and wireless stacks and the Lantronix beyond WICED SDK extends the WICED SDK by giving you API access to all the applications and services that Lantronix has created.
API access into the Lantronix modules means user can re-use the software to speed up your development and be confident that your product will work when deployed in the field.
Features & Benefits:
- Direct access for communication with other Wi -Fi devices , such as Tablet PC or Smartphones
- Simplifies Wi-Fi implementation and integration resulting in faster product design
- Delivers unmatched flexibility with a compact chip-sized footprint, low power consumption and two mounting options
- Offers unique and proven feature set including; simultaneous Soft AP and client mode, zero host load, and configuration by customization
- Hosted and Hostless design possibilities
- Cost savings and a faster time-to-market
The xPico Wi-Fi beyond Wiced Software Development Kit is now available at Atlantik Elektronik.