- Through ion exchange process, double ions are implanted on the glass surface
- the silver ions in the double ions have antibacterial properties!
- Antibacterial glass can inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria e.g. such as algae, fungi and molds
- Different from ordinary coated or coated antibacterial glass:
- double ion replacement process ensures, that the antibacterial layer will not fall off due to use and offers a broad spectrum of long-lasting antibacterial properties
- Antibacterial glass is particularly used in environments that require a high degree of sterility, e.g. applications in hospitals, food and beverage industry, household, retail (POS) and other markets
- Antibacterial glass finds usage in smartphones, tablet and laptop screens. A large number of bacteria reside on mobile screens
ADVANTAGES OF ION replacement process - Antibacterial glass
Analogous to chemically hardened glass, our antibacterial glass also uses the ion exchange process. Here, silver and copper ions are introduced into the glass surface:
- and create an antibacterial effect
- the effect can be certified application-specific
- it will not disappear due to changes in human use, environment, time and other factors
This is why antibacterial glass has almost permanent antibacterial properties!