It is a stand-alone module that does not require an external host processor for the wireless and network stack. With customer proven TruPort® technology, that includes essential IoT connectivity firmware, cloud-based management and an integrated device security framework, xPico®200 series delivers a complete network and IoT connectivity off-load solution for any microcontroller.
xPico®200 series offer two main models depending on the connectivity interfaces available:
- xPico®240 - provides dual-band Wi-Fi and ethernet combo
- xPico®250 - provides dual-band Wi-Fi, ethernet and dual-mode Bluetooth (Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy)
The xPico®200 comes in two form factors:
- Small form factor SMT module
- Edge connector module with standard connector
The block diagram of the xPico®200 gateway shows below the relationship between components.
The xPico®200 series embedded gateways are built around Cypress Semiconductor's Wi-Fi and Bluetooth SoC. Network connections are provided by a dual band 802.11 a/b/g/n WLAN radio, BT4.2 radio, and a 10/100Mbps Ethernet MAC.
The xPico®200 gateway includes the following:
- 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless with option for on-module antenna or dual U.FL connectors
- One 10/100 Mbps Ethernet MAC (RMII)
- One USB 2.0 high speed interface (Host or Device mode)
- One TTL UART interface with RTS/CTS
- One master/slave SDIO interface
- One SPI interface (master mode only, 24 MHz)
- Up to 10 configurable GPIO pins
- 3.3V power connection and logic IO
- Internal reset circuit
- Integrated wake-up and shutdown for sleep and standby states
- Industrial automation
- Medical equipment
- Raw materials resource management
- Retail trade